Copycat Chick-Fil-A Sauce is as close to the real thing as you can get, you won’t even be able to tell the difference. It takes very little effort and only a few ingredients making it a super simple recipe.
A creamy sauce packed with tons of flavor that tastes amazing slathered over a chicken sandwich. It also makes a great dipping sauce for chicken nuggets, fries, onion rings and even cold veggies.
I’m not a big fan of fast food restaurants, however Chick-Fil-A is a different story. Their chicken sandwiches are absolutely amazing and that Chick-Fil-A sauce is so good, you could almost drink it, not really, but it is really good!
Chick-Fil-A Sauce Key Ingredients
I was told that the Chick-Fil-A sauce was created totally by accident. Apparently an absent minded employee mistakenly added barbecue sauce to the honey mustard dispenser, thus creating Chick-Fil-A sauce. Based on this knowledge you could easily create a copycat version using honey mustard and barbecue sauce. However, in my experience it doesn’t taste as good making it from scratch.
▪ Honey – You can use any brand of honey for this recipe. I like to use local honey, not just because I like the taste, but also for the health benefits.
▪ Mustard – This recipe calls for both yellow and Dijon mustard, however you can use either or. It will taste a little different but it still tastes close to the real thing.
▪ Barbecue Sauce – I like to use the hickory flavored barbecue sauce, it adds a really authentic flavor to the Chick-Fil-A sauce. You can use any type of barbecue sauce if you don’t have the hickory sauce on hand, it’ will still taste amazing.
- More Ideas You’ll Love______________________________________________________________
- 3-INGREDIENT CARAMEL SAUCE
A super simple, thick, yet smooth, sweet topping that
tastes amazing with apples, ice…. Continue Reading
How to Create Copycat Chick-Fil-A Sauce
In a matter of just a few minutes this sauce can be created, the hardest part is measuring out the ingredients. After that you just need to make sure that you stir it well and refrigerate it long enough for the flavors to blend.
What to serve with Copycat Chick-Fil-A Sauce
The sauce can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 10 days. Store it in an a air tight container, like a glass jar with a lid or a squeeze bottle with a cap.
What’s your favorite fast food restaurant?
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients, stirring well. Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving.
✔ Sauce can be stored for up to 10 days in the refrigerator.
✔ Instead of using mayonnaise, try using ranch dressing, it adds a really unique flavor to the sauce.
✔ A simple version of this recipe is using 1 part barbecue sauce to 3 parts honey barbecue sauce.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- The Best Homemade Buffalo Sauce – A simple sauce that is slightly spicy, with a little heat and a nice buttery texture.
- Deliciously Simple 3-Ingredient Caramel Sauce – A thick, yet smooth, sweet creamy topping that tastes amazing with apples, ice cream or slathered over your favorite dessert.
- Deliciously Simple Blueberry Sauce – A delicious sauce that can be served with your favorite dessert or savory dish. It’s make with fresh ingredients in less than 10-minutes.
- Avocado Lime Dipping Sauce – A simple, creamy sauce that adds a layer of delicious flavor to fish, chicken, pasta or as a dip for chips.
- Homemade Marinara Sauce – A cheap and simple sauce that is busting with tons of Italian flavors.
- Quick & Easy Enchilada Sauce – A tastier option that allows you to control the spices.
About the Author
A mother to three amazing boy, wife to an incredible husband and a former finance manager who traded in her spreadsheets for cookie sheets. I blog about things that make life a little more fun, a bit more manageable, slightly prettier, a great deal tastier and considerably cheaper.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a commission. I only recommend products or services that I personally believe will add value to my readers. All opinions stated are strictly my own. Read our full disclosure policy for more information.