A nice crispy top with a thick and chewy chocolaty center. Baking in the air fryer is quicker than making them in the oven and it’s a great way to avoid heating up your kitchen this summer.
The key ingredient in this recipe is your favorite boxed brownie mix. Nothing fancy, just a plain box of brownie mix, such as Betty Crocker, Pillsbury or even store brands. Once you’ve mastered making them in the air fryer you can try tweaking the recipe by adding your favorite ingredients.
HOW TO MAKE BROWNIES IN THE AIR FRYER
Step 1: Prepare the Baking Cups
Lightly spray silicone baking cups with cooking spray.
Step 2: Prepare Brownie Mix
Prepare the boxed brownies according to directions.
Step 3: Fill Baking Cups
Fill the baking cups 2/3 of the way, which is about 3 tablespoons.
Step 4: Position the Baking Cups
Place baking cups in the air fryer basket without overcrowding. The air needs to be able to easily flow around the whole cup so that they cook evenly.
Step 5: Cooking the Brownies
Cook at 350°F for 15 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the center, if it comes out clean they’re done. If it doesn’t, continue cooking in 3 minute intervals until the toothpick comes out clean.
Update: This post has been restyled to make it easier to read. Enjoy!
Brownies are amazing all by themselves, but if you want to kick them up a notch here are some delicious suggestions:
- Salted Caramel Brownies – drizzle with a bit caramel sauce, then sprinkle with a touch of sea salt.
- Banana Split Brownies – top with some sliced bananas, a scoop of vanilla ice cream, some whipped cream, chopped nuts and a cherry.
- Strawberry Shortcake Brownies – forget the pound cake, use brownies the next time you’re serving strawberry shortcake.
There are so many things that you can add or top the brownies with: nuts, chocolate chips, raisins, cranberries, peanut butter, cream cheese, just to name a few. However, my favorite and it works perfectly with this air fryer recipe, is to put a double stuffed Oreo in the bottom of the baking cup before adding the batter.
RELATED: Air Fryer Caramel Apple Flautas
MAKE IT A MEAL
Serve Air Fryer Brownies after dinner with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Appetizer/Starter: Green Salad
Entrée: Italian Chicken & Broccoli Pasta
Side Dish #1: Garlic Toast
Drink: Cranberry Juice
STORAGE & REHEATING TIPS
Store brownies in an air-tight container, at room temperature for up to 2 days. I find that the Tupperware Snack-Stor large container is the perfect size for storing muffins and cupcakes.
Freeze: Brownies can be frozen for up to 3 months if they are well wrapped and stored in freezer bags.
Simple Air Fryer Boxed Brownies
- 1 box brownie mix
- Lightly spray silicone baking cups with cooking spray.
- Prepare brownies according to package directions.
- Fill cups 2/3 of the way, which is about 3 tablespoons.
- Place baking cups in air fryer basket without overcrowding. The air needs to be able to easily flow around the whole cup so that they cook evenly.
- Cook at 350°F for 15 minutes. Insert a toothpick, if it comes out clean they’re done. If it doesn’t, continue cooking in 3 minute intervals until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool on a cooling.
How did they turn out? We’d love to see them. Snap a pic & tag it on Instagram with @FlusterBuster and #AFbrownies
✔ Using room temperature eggs will allow the yolks and the whites to combine more easily, which makes for a lighter more evenly baked brownie.
✔ Allow the brownies to cool completely, then use a plastic knife for cutting, you’ll get a clean cut every time.
✔ Instead of using oil, try using butter, it will give the brownies a deeper, richer flavor.
✔ Try using coffee instead of water, it intensifies the flavor of the chocolate.
✔ Save the crumbs, they taste great sprinkled over a bowl of ice cream or pudding.