S’mores Refrigerator Cake – Bring your s’mores indoors with this simple, no-bake recipe, it’s the perfect way to enjoy s’mores without the campfire. It’s chocolate, with s’more chocolate mixed together with graham crackers and lots of fluffy marshmallows.
I love old recipe books, especially ones that are put together by communities for fundraising, they have some of the best recipes. Many of the recipes that I’ve shared here on Fluster Buster have been inspired by recipes that I’ve found in these old cookbooks. For instance this S’more Refrigerator Cake recipe was inspired by a chocolate cake that I found in an old Canadian church cookbook. The recipe that I was inspired by used digestive biscuits, cocoa powder, sugar and nuts and required a little more work than this one. I have to say my recipe is ridiculously easy to make, which is good because the family can’t get enough of it.
S’mores Refrigerator Cake
Chocolate: The most important part of this cake is the chocolate. The better the chocolate the better your refrigerator cake will taste. I have made this cake with a couple of different kinds of chocolate; chocolate chips and high quality chocolate bars, both tasted good but the cake made with quality chocolate was definitely better. I also recommend using a couple of different kinds of chocolate, like milk and dark. The milk chocolate gives the cake a nice sweetness while the dark chocolate gives it a richer chocolaty taste.
- ¾ cup (5 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- ¾ cup (5 ounces) semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 12 graham crackers, broke into small pieces ****Crackers & marshmallows should = 2 cups
- 1 cup small marshmallows
- Line an 8x4 loaf pan with plastic wrap, draping extra over the sides.
- Using a *double boiler, melt chocolate, butter and syrup over a pan of boiling water, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pan of melted chocolate from heat, stir in the graham crackers. When graham crackers are completely coated in chocolate stir in the marshmallows.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the loaf pan and firmly pack in down.
- Allow it to cool before refrigerating 2-3 hours.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a commission. I only recommend products or services that I personally believe will add value to my readers. All opinions stated are strictly my own. Read our full disclosure policy for more information.