This post may include affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy for more information.
Pressure Cooker Red Bean and Rice
Author: Robin | Fluster Buster
Recipe type: Entree
Yields: 8 servings
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound dry red kidney beans, cleaned and soaked
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 4 cups rice
- Cook rice according to package directions. Your should end up with about 8 cups of cooked rice.
- In a skillet, over medium heat add butter celery, and onion, cook until browned, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Add beans to pressure cooker, cover with water to about 2 inches above the beans. Add bay leaves, Cajun seasoning and browned onions.
- Place lid on pressure cooker making sure the knob is in the sealed position.
- Cook at high pressure for 30 minutes, then allow the pressure to release naturally, about 20 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves and serve over one cup of white rice.
Leave a Reply