Black and White Peppered Chicken is a simple dish, that’s full of flavor and perfect for busy weeknights. It’s packed with lots of sharp peppery flavor and cooked to tender perfection. There is very little prep work involved and can be on the table in about 20 minutes.
This black and white peppered chicken is just as simple as it sounds. Yes, pepper and chicken is about it, besides a couple of common staples like salt and butter. The prep time and the cook time are equally as simple, so much so that you’ll be surprised at how much flavor it has with so little effort.
Black and White Peppered Chicken
Chicken Breasts: It’s a good idea to pound out the chicken before cooking. Pounding out the chicken breast to a uniform thickness allows the chicken to cook more evenly and faster, it also tenderizes the meat which makes it more juicy and flavorful.
White Pepper: This comes from the same plant as black pepper it’s just the way that it’s aged and processed that gives it a different color and a different flavor. If your wondering about the flavor, white pepper has more of an earthy flavor with a bit of heat than black pepper.
Coarse Black Pepper: When a recipe calls for black pepper you should always grind it yourself. Freshly ground pepper has more of a kick and will be more noticeable in your dish.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (4-6 ounce) chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon coarse black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Pound out the chicken, coat both sides with white pepper, black pepper and salt.
- Place chicken in hot pan, cooking each side for approximately 5-6 minutes, or until no longer pink in the center. Add butter to pan.
- Baste chicken with the melted butter, 1-2 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat, and let sit 5 minutes before serving.
Check for coupons before heading to the store.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a commission. I only recommend products or services that I personally believe will add value to my readers. All opinions stated are strictly my own. Read our full disclosure policy for more information.