Mexican Slow Cooker Lasagna. This dish has the flavor of enchiladas with the look of lasagna. It’s a hearty, flavorful dish that can be prepared a head of time in the slow cooker. This is a cheap recipe to prepare but you’d never know it by the amazing flavor it has. #slowcooker #cheaprecipes #mexicanrecipe #crockpot #enchiladas
I make this recipe all of the time and it always gets rave reviews. In fact, it’s one of my most requested recipes for potlucks. People are always surprised when I tell them how little it costs to make.
I usually make this recipe in a slow cooker, but I’ve also been known to make it in the oven. I much prefer the slow cooker method only because it gives the enchilada sauce time to soak into the tortillas – oh so, yummy!
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- ½ green pepper, diced
- 1 cup black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup pinto beans, drained & rinsed
- ¾ cup enchilada sauce
- non-stick cooking spray
- 5 flour tortillas (6-inch)
- ¾ cup Mexican blend cheese
- In a large skillet, cook ground meat until browned, add onions and peppers and continue cooking until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the beans and ½ cup of the enchilada sauce to the beef mixture, mix well.
- Lightly spray the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Layer in slow cooker: In the bottom of the slow cooker place 1 cup meat mixture, top with 1 flour tortilla, and 2 tablespoons grated cheese. Repeat the layers until you end up with a flour tortilla on top.
- Top with the remaining enchilada sauce and cheese. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
his dish has the flavor of enchiladas with the look of lasagna. It’s a hearty, flavorful dish that can be prepared a head of time in the slow cooker. This is a cheap recipe to prepare but you’d never know it by the amazing flavor it has.
Donna Wilkes says
This recipe sounds so delicious – I love that you serve mangoes with it. Thank you for sharing this recipe on Make It Monday.
Adrian Peterson says
I love all things slow cooker and this recipe sounds amazing! Pinned:) Hopped over from Treasure Box Tuesday!
Melissa @ My Recent Favorite Books says
This sounds easy and delicious! =) Thanks for sharing!
I'm a new follower from "Anything Goes Party".
Cathy McInnes says
This looks so delicious, I love the Mexican flavors. Say hello from the in and out kitchen link party! 🙂
Cathy @ three kids and a fish
Creative Dream says
Looks so yummy! I would love it if you joined and contribute your awesome posts at my link party at City of Creative Dreams, starts on Fridays 😀 Hope to see you there at City of Creative Dreams Link Party.
Michelle Meche says
This lasagna looks so good–I love how the tortillas get all puffy from the sauce. I've wanted to make crockpot lasagna, but the idea of serving out of the crockpot makes me back away. I have one of those older, tall models rather than the oval ones. How difficult is it to cut and serve out of the pot?
Thank you for linking with See Ya in the Gumbo this week. Your lasagna was one of the Top-Viewed links!
Cindy Jamieson says
OMG, I hope you don't mind if I lick my computer screen! This looks so delicious. You are being featured this week, over at Simple Supper Tuesday. I hope you can join us again, starting at 8pm, Monday night!