Mexican Slow Cooker Lasagna. This dish has the flavor of enchiladas with the look of lasagna. It’s a hearty, flavorful dish that can be prepared a head of time in the slow cooker. This is a cheap recipe to prepare but you’d never know it by the amazing flavor it has. #slowcooker #cheaprecipes #mexicanrecipe #crockpot #enchiladas
I make this recipe all of the time and it always gets rave reviews. In fact, it’s one of my most requested recipes for potlucks. People are always surprised when I tell them how little it costs to make.
I usually make this recipe in a slow cooker, but I’ve also been known to make it in the oven. I much prefer the slow cooker method only because it gives the enchilada sauce time to soak into the tortillas – oh so, yummy!
Slow Cooker Mexican Lasagna
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion diced
- ½ green pepper diced
- 1 can 15 oz black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can 15.5 oz pinto beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can 10 oz or homemade enchilada sauce
- non-stick cooking spray
- 5 flour tortillas 6-inch
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- In a large skillet, cook ground meat until browned, add onions and peppers and continue cooking until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the beans and 1/2 of the enchilada sauce to the beef mixture, mix well.
- Lightly spray the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Layer in slow cooker: In the bottom of the slow cooker place 1 cup meat mixture, top with 1 flour tortilla, and 2 tablespoons grated cheese. Repeat the layers until you end up with a flour tortilla on top.
- Top with the remaining enchilada sauce and cheese. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
his dish has the flavor of enchiladas with the look of lasagna. It’s a hearty, flavorful dish that can be prepared a head of time in the slow cooker. This is a cheap recipe to prepare but you’d never know it by the amazing flavor it has.