This post may include affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy for more information.
Mouthwatering Eye of Round Roast
Author: Robin | Fluster Buster
Recipe type: Entree
Yields: 6 servings
- 3 pound eye or round roast
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Place roast into a roasting pan, fat side up, season with salt and pepper.
- Place roast in oven, reduce heat to 475°F, and roast for 7 minutes per pound.
- Leave oven door shut, turn off oven and let the roast sit in the closed oven for 2½ hours.
- Remove from oven, check the internal temperature (should be 145°F).
- Let rest 10 minutes before carving into thin slices.
*DO NOT open oven door for 2½ hours