This post may include affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy for more information.
Creamy Chicken Bake
Author: Robin | Fluster Buster
Recipe type: Casserole
Yields: 12 servings
- 1 stick butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- ½ cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2½ cups California mixed veggies, frozen
- 3 cup cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt 6 tablespoons of butter. Add onions and cook until the onions become translucent.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper, once combined slowly stir in the broth.
- Add cream and continue cooking over medium heat until it becomes thick.
- Add the chicken and vegetables. remove from heat and pour into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Using a rolling pin, roll puff pastry sheet to the size of the baking dish, 9x13. Cut into 12 squares.
- Cover the chicken mixture with puff pastry, brush with the remaining melted butter.
- Bake at 350°F, for 35 minutes or until it is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a commission. I only recommend products or services that I personally believe will add value to my readers. All opinions stated are strictly my own. Read our full disclosure policy for more information.
Leave a Reply