Pumpkin Bread Pudding is a basic bread pudding but with a fall twist! It has all of the flavors of fall making it the perfect dessert for Thanksgiving. However, it also makes a delicious breakfast, especially drizzled with the warm, buttery orange sauce.
|WJUMP TO RECIPEW||W||WRECIPE INDEXW|
Last night I had a really hard time sleeping so I decided since I couldn’t sleep I’d bake something, baking seems to cure everything.
I’ve had this pumpkin dessert idea that I’ve been wanting to try for awhile and since I couldn’t sleep it seemed like the perfect time to figure it out. Unfortunately I didn’t have everything that I needed and shopping at 3am wasn’t an option so I decided to make a few adjustments to my original idea.
I’m sure the original idea would have been delicious, but the adjustments that I made put it over the top!
MORE IDEAS YOU’LL LOVE
KID FRIENDLY BEACH PARTY PUDDING
This Beach Party Pudding is the perfect kid friendly recipes. It’s super easy to make, there’s no baking, and it’s really cute. The kids have just much fun making it as they do…. continue reading
HOW TO PREPARE PUMPKIN CRANBERRY BREAD PUDDING & THE ORANGE SAUCE
Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut the top off of the pumpkin and remove seeds and pulp.
Brush the inside with 1 tablespoon melted butter and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar. Bake, with lid on for 25 minutes.
Cut the raisin bread into 1-inch cubes.
While the pumpkin is baking, stir together eggs, ½ cup sugar, ½ cup melted butter, half-and-half. Add bread cubes, pecans and cranberries. Stir until the bread is moistened. Place in a lightly greased 9-inch baking pan.
Remove the pumpkin from oven. Brush the inside with 1 tablespoon melted butter and sprinkle with another tablespoon sugar. Replace the top and place both the pumpkin and the bread pudding in the oven for an additional 25 minutes.
Remove pumpkin and bread pudding from oven. Let the pumpkin cool, then spoon the bread pudding into the pumpkin.
While the pumpkin is cooling, make the orange sauce. Combine the cinnamon stick, water, sugar, cornstarch and salt in a saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring util it becomes thick and smooth.
Stir in butter, orange zest and orange juice and continue to cook over medium heat until well combined and hot.
Remove cinnamon stick and use it to drizzle over the bread pudding.
MAKE IT A MEAL
HOW TO SERVE BREAD PUDDING WITH ORANGE SAUCE
Use the pumpkin as the serving dish. Then when serving from the pumpkin drag the serving spoon along the inside of the pumpkin, scooping up some of the pumpkin along with the bread pudding. Drizzle with the orange sauce before serving.
HOW TO STORE THE LEFTOVERS
Place the pumpkin on a sturdy plate and loosely cover with plastic wrap, store in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. The orange sauce can be stored in a squeeze bottle or in a small pitcher for 6-8 days.
Happy pumpkin season, and I hope that you are enjoying all of the wonderful flavors of fall!😃
Pumpkin Cranberry Bread Pudding
Pumpkin Bread Pudding
- 2-3 pound pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 16-ounce raisin bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°.
Pumpkin Bread Pudding
- Cut the top off of the pumpkin and remove seeds and pulp. Brush the inside with 1 tablespoon melted butter and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar. Bake, with lid on for 25 minutes.
- While the pumpkin is baking, stir together eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup melted butter, half-and-half. Add bread cubes, pecans and cranberries. Stir until the bread is moistened. Place in a lightly greased 9-inch baking pan.
- Remove pumpkin from oven. Brush with 1 tablespoon melted butter and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar. Replace the top.
- Place the pumpkin and bread pudding in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove pumpkin and bread pudding from oven. Let the pumpkin cool then spoon the bread pudding into the pumpkin.
- Top with orange sauce.
- In a sauce pan, combine cinnamon stick, water, sugar, cornstarch and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring until thick and smooth.
- Stir in butter, orange peel and juice, continue cooking until hot.
- Remove cinnamon stick and use to top the pumpkin bread pudding
Making This Recipe?We’d really love to see how it turned out. Snap a pic & tag it on Instagram with @flusterbuster
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- 3-Ingredient Strawberry Chocolate Mousse
- How to Make the Best Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Espresso Cupcakes w/Espresso Buttercream Frosting
- Watermelon Designed Sherbet
- Simple Banana Ice Cream
- Lyna’s Peach Cobbler
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a commission. I only recommend products or services that I personally believe will add value to my readers. All opinions stated are strictly my own. Read our full disclosure policy for more information.
updated: 10/14/19 (pictures & format)