This post may include affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy for more information.
Honey Mustard Chicken & Potatoes
Author: Robin | Fluster Buster
Recipe type: entree
Yields: 4 servings
- 4 chicken thighs, bone-in
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pound red potatoes, cleaned and quartered
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, salt and pepper. Generously sprinkle the chicken with the garlic mixture.
- In an oven safe skillet heat oil over medium-high heat, sear the chicken until crisp and golden, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from pan and set aside and reserve 2 tablespoons of the drippings.
- Using the same pan, over medium-high heat, cook the garlic in the reserved drippings for approximately 1 minute. Stir in the honey, the mustards and the water.
- Return chicken to the pan, add potatoes and cover with sauce.
- Place in oven and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes before servings