This post may include affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy for more information.
Pressure Cooker Tender Eye of Round Roast
Also work for London Broil
Author: Robin | Fluster Buster
Recipe type: Entrée
Yields: 8 servings
- kosher salt
- 3-4 pound eye of round roast
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon savory
- 1-2 cups beef stock
- baking soda
- 1.5 pound baby carrots
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled & quartered
- Sprinkle roast with kosher salt and let it stand at room temperature for one hour.
- Set pressure cooker (Insta Pot) to sauté, add oil and let heat 1-2 minutes.
- Dredge roast in flour seasoned with salt, pepper, thyme, oregano and savory. Place roast in hot oil, brown it on all sides.
- Pour in enough beef stock to measure ½ inch of liquid and add a pinch of baking soda.
- Place potatoes, onions, and carrots on top of the roast.
- Set pressure cooker to meat setting and set the timer for 15 minutes per pound (3lb roast = 45 minutes).
- Allow pressure to release on it's own. Remove from pressure cooker and let it rest covered for 20 minutes before slicing.
Internal temperature of roast should be 145°F
Leave a Reply