This post may include affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy for more information.
Chicken & Mushroom Pot Pie
Author: Robin | Fluster Buster
Yields: 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 sweet onions, sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 boneless chicken thighs, cubed
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 9-inch pie crust
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large oven-safe skillet, over high heat, add olive oil, onions and salt. Cook until onion start to caramelize.
- Add chicken to the pan and saute for 8-minute or until chicken is no longer pink.
- In a medium skillet, dry cook mushrooms over medium-high heat. Cook until the mushroom begin to char, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms to the pan with the chicken and onions. Stir in chicken stock and poultry seasoning.
- Top with pie crust, adding a couple of vents to the cough with a knife. Brush with olive oil and bake at 425°F for 20 minutes or until the crust becomes golden brown.