This post may include affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy for more information.
Simple Homemade Beef Stew Using Leftovers
Author: Robin | Fluster Buster
Recipe type: Entree
Yields: 4 servings
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-1½ leftover roast beef, cubed
- 1 pound leftover carrots, sliced
- 4 leftover medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- In a dutch oven or soup pot bring beef broth and bay leaf to a boil. Reserve 1 cup of the hot broth.
- Add beef, carrots, potatoes and onions, return to a boil and boil for 10 minutes.
- To make a slurry for thickening the broth, stir together the flour and spices in the reserved cup of hot broth.
- Slowly pour the slurry into the pot while whisking. keep whisking until thick.
- Remove for heat and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Leave a Reply