I just finished up all of my challenges for the day and it’s only 8AM. All of the beds are made, I have a load of laundry in the wash, everyone’s dressed and ready for anything, my bathrooms are clean, my linen closet is organized, bellies are full and it was all done with a smile on my face. Now what do I do with all of this free time on my hands?
One of the things that I love most about the Home Organization challenge is asking myself, everyday, “What do I do with all of this free time?” It’s amazing how much time you can actually free up by just adding a little organization to your life. I love having the time to do the things that I love rather than doing the things that I have to do, it makes me a much happier person.
- Make Things Happen (bed)
- Piles Away (laundry)
- Ready for Anything (get ready)
- Fairy Clean (bathroom)
- Get an Attitude (breakfast)
- Sailing Smoothly (planning)
- 20/20 (de-cluttering)
With all of this free time on my hands, I now have time to feed my Body & Soul. Before starting the Home Organization Challenge, no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn’t find the time for exercise or my bible. I knew that they were important for my health and happiness, but as a wife and mother my needs and wants were always on the back burner, I’m sure you can relate.
The Body & Soul challenge, is about taking a some time to take care of yourself. You are important to the people around you and not taking care of yourself is selfish. I know this first hand! Several years ago, before I was nourishing my Body & Soul, I got very sick, so sick that I couldn’t get out of bed. My family suffered a lot from this and I vowed that I would do everything in my power to keep them from feeling like that again. This is what sparked the Body & Soul challenge.
Now, what nourishes my Body & Soul, may not be the same for you, but you do need to find what works for you and make it a part of your daily life. I encourage you, whether you disregard all of the other challenges that I’ve presented, make the Body & Soul challenge part of your daily life. It is so important for your health and happiness, and your family will thank you for it.
Nourish your Body & Soul:
- Water – Drink your water! How much should you drink? Divide your body weight in half, and that’s how many ounces of water you should be drinking per day (ex. 140 pounds = 70 ounces of water/day). There are many benefits to drinking water, one is that it helps you lose weight. If you lose weight, you can drink less water!
- Vitamins – Take your vitamins! Vitamins help to build our metabolism. We don’t always eat right and vitamins assure us that we are getting everything that we need to be healthy. They also aid in weight loss, which means drinking less water!
- Exercise – Get moving! The Department of Health and Human Services suggest that we get at least 20 minutes a day of aerobic exercise to lead a healthy lifestyle. If you want to lose weight you’ll want to add more time, so you can drink less water!
- Soul – Feed it! My soul is fed through prayer and bible study. I spend at least 15 minutes a day giving my soul nourishment.
Benefits to drinking water:
- Helps you lose weight
- Natural remedy for a headache
- Healthier Skin – makes you look younger
- Makes you more alert
- Makes you more energetic
- Raises your Metabolism
- Keeps your joints and muscles lubricated
- Improves your immune system
- Relieves fatigue
Make sure that they take their vitamins and drink lots of water. I like to pack a couple of water bottles in their lunches.
Join our Pinterest Group Board: Clean & Organize
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a commission. I only recommend products or services that I personally believe will add value to my readers. All opinions stated are strictly my own. Read our full disclosure policy for more information.