Strawberry Garden Flags are a colorful way to symbolize the beginning of the summer season. Some strawberry print material, a little felt, some burlap, a sewing machine and a few basic sewing supplies is all that you need to pull of this festive DIY project.
In 2018, I made a bunch of burlap garden flags, and vowed to decorate one for each holiday. I didn’t make the first one, Sweet N’ Simple Valentine Flag, until February 2019. The Easter Egg Garden Flag was the second one to be made. I chose a strawberry for the third garden flag, because strawberries are symbolic of the joy and happiness of summer.
Materials for the Summery Strawberry Garden Flag:
- burlap garden flag (see instructions below)
- red mesh ribbon from Dollar Tree
- safety pin
- sewing machine and basic sewing supplies
- cotton print strawberry material
- green felt
- spray fabric protector
- strawberry pattern- I saved the image to my computer, then printed it in black and white as an 8 x 10 picture- Get yours here
- Pellon (interfacing)
- ink pen
Related: Strawberry Patch Coffee Station