Yields: 6 servings
In Freezer Bag
1 sweet onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 bunch kale, chopped1
lb sweet Italian sausage
4 Russet potatoes, sliced 1/4″ pieces*
Day of Cooking
6 cups chicken broth
2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 gallon-sized freezer bag
1. Add all of the ingredients to the freezer bag in the order listed. To keep the potatoes from browning, cut and add them to the bag right before freezing.
2. Remove air, seal, and freeze.
Slow Cooker Instructions
1. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
2. Place thawed ingredients and chicken broth into slow cooker.
3. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
4. 30 minutes before serving add the heavy whipping cream.
Instant Pot Instructions
1. Place frozen ingredients into the pressure cooker, sauté for 5 minutes.
2. Add chicken broth, cook high pressure for 5 minutes, followed by a quick release.
3. Turn pressure cooker to sauté, add heavy whipping cream and cook for 5 minutes.
Serve with: salad and buttered Italian bread
– Place the freezer bag in a bowl that is smaller in diameter than your Instant Pot/pressure cooker.
– Day of, thaw freezer bag in cool water.