This post may include affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy for more information.
Cast Iron Chicken Pot Pie
The golden brown biscuit crust holds tender chicken, mixed vegetables (carrots, peas, corn, and green beans), and a rich, creamy sauce.
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breast
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bag (16 oz) mixed vegetables frozen
- 2 packages chicken gravy mix
- 1 can flakey biscuits (8 count)
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- While the chicken is cooking prepare the chicken gravy per the package instructions.
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. While the pan is heating up, pat the chicken dry and lightly season with salt and pepper. Place chicken in the heated skillet, and cook for 6-7 minutes on each side. Cook until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Let cool and dice into 1/2 inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the diced chicken, frozen vegetables, and the prepared gravy. Mix well.
- Place the filling into a 12-inch cast iron skillet, and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Top with the chicken mixture with the biscuits. Brush the biscuits with melted butter and place in oven.
- Place the skillet on the center rack in the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the biscuits are done.