This post may contain affiliate links, so please take a moment and read our Disclosure Policy.
Don’t be embarrassed, having cracked heels is more common than you might think. The soles of your feet are naturally dry because they don’t contain sebaceous glands, those are that glands that produce oil. There are number of things that you can do to prevent getting cracked heels, such as frequently moisturizing, drinking lots of water, eating a proper diet, and wearing the right type of shoes.
But what do you do if your feet are already cracked. Here are a number of home remedies that will help alleviate cracked heals and improve the overall look and health of your feet.
- Massage feet with Vick’s VapoRub before bed and in the morning. Repeat daily.
- Soak feet for 15 minutes in a tub of warm water mixed with Epsom salt. Dry and apply a generous amount of olive oil. Wrap feet with plastic wrap and then cover with a pair of socks before going to bed. Repeat daily.
- Apply lemon juice directly on your feet, allow to air dry completely.
- Before going to bed, massage freshly clean feet with olive oil, than cover with socks. Repeat daily until healed.
- Apply a mashed avocado to freshly clean feet. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes before rinsing off. Repeat daily.
- Massage feet with 1 part aloe vera gel mixed with 1 part turmeric powder. Rinse and repeat daily.
- Before going to bed generously apply petroleum jelly to feet and cover. In the morning wipe clean. Repeat daily.
- To relieve pain, apply a mixture of melted paraffin wax and coconut oil to feet before going to bed. Be sure to let the mixture come to room temperature before applying. In the morning wash it off. r with a pair of socks before going to bed. Repeat daily.
- Soak feet in lukewarm water mixed with lemon juice for 10-15 minutes.
- Soak feet for 10-15 minutes in 2 cups milk and 1 cup honey. Massage the mixture into your feet before rinsing clean. Repeat daily.
- Soak feet for 15-20 minutes in warm water steeped with fresh rosemary.
- Soak feet for 15-20 minutes in a mixture made from 1 cup warm water, 1 cup lemon juice, 1 cup milk, ¼ cup olive oil and a little cinnamon.
- Soak your feet for 10-15 minutes in a gallon of lukewarm water mixed with 1 cup honey. Rinse and repeat daily.
- Apply a mashed banana to freshly clean feet. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes before rinsing off. Repeat daily.
- Exfoliate feet with a homemade scrub. To make the scrub, grind 1 cup white rice in a blender and then mix with 2 tablespoons honey, 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar. Soak feet in lukewarm water for 10-15 minutes and then scrub feet with the rice paste.
- Mix together equal parts glycerin and rosewater. Rub on feed everyday before going to bed.
- Soak feet in warm, salt water for 10-15 minutes. When done immediately submerge your feet in cold water. This will get the blood flowing and relieve pain.
- Soak a hand towel in equal parts warm water and Listerine. Apply shaving cream to your feet then wrap with the hand towel and leave it there for 25-30 minutes. When done, use the towel to wipe your feet.
- Soak feet for 10-15 minutes in 1 part white vinegar and 3 parts water. Repeat 1-2 times a week.
- Soak feet for 15-20 minutes in a tub of warm water mixed with 2 tablespoons baking soda and 1 tablespoon salt.