Have you ever woke up with a stiff neck? Last week I woke up with one, I could barely move and wow did it hurt. I don’t remember doing anything strenuous that would have caused it, so it must have been the way that I slept.
I went to the chiropractor to get some relief and it didn’t help much, I was still in a lot of pain. I headed home and decided to try a couple of grandma’s home remedies. I use her home remedies on my husband and kids and they always work so they ought to give me some relief.
One day I’ll learn to try grandma’s home remedies first, not only are they a great way to save money but they usually work a lot better.
- Place a bundle of mint
in a piece of cheesecloth and drop into
- Rub muscles with rubbing
alcohol to relieve pain.
- Massage a generous amount of Vick’s
VapoRub on sore muscles.
- To relieve aches and pains add 3 cups apple cider vinegar
to bath water.
- To soothe pain, make a paste using petroleum
jelly and a few drops of eucalyptus oil or peppermint oil. Warm the paste
in the microwave and massage sore muscles.
- Rub muscles with clove
oil to relieve discomfort.
- Soak in a hot bath with 2 cups of dissolved Epsom
- Rub muscles with a homemade ginger
massage oil. To make your own, place 1 cup olive oil in a small saucepan, add an inch of
thinly slices of fresh ginger, than add 10 dried rosebuds.
Heat on low for 30 minutes.
- Take a warm shower.
- Eat foods high in magnesium, like pumpkin seeds, squash,
black beans and almonds.
- Mix 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
in an 8 ounce glass of water, drink it down.
- Everyday, drink a cup of coffee
mixed with 1 tablespoon molasses.
- Rub muscles with an ointment made with ½ teaspoon cayenne
pepper with 1 cup olive
This post may contain
affiliate links – any opinions stated are strictly my own! See our Disclosure for