Do you know that sweet potatoes come with impressive benefits?
Sweet potatoes are even the world’s top sources of dietary fiber, which means they can help you lower cholesterol and support healthy weight loss! The excessive potassium content in a sweet potato is also sufficient to make up for the effects of stress and significantly lower blood pressure. It has much more potassium than a banana.
There are so much more benefits to this sweet-tasting, tuberous root, so I guess you’ll agree with me if I say we should be eating more sweet potatoes, aren’t you?
Hence, in this article, I will share with you some of the best and healthy sweet potato recipes that you should give a try. Let’s find out below!
Oven-Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges
- 3 sweet potatoes, small or about 2 lbs
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- 1 ½ tbsp. garlic-flavored olive oil
- 2 tsp. fresh rosemary, minced
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut each of them in a lengthwise shape; you should be able to make 8 wedges.
- Combine all the ingredients, including the cut sweet potatoes, in a large bowl. Make sure to toss it well.
- Arrange the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake it at 450 degrees Fahrenheit. After 15 minutes, turn the wedges. Continue baking for another 15 minutes or until the potatoes get lightly browned.
Oven Roasted Sweet Potato Chips
So there you have it, your oven-roasted sweet potato chips, a tasty and easy-to-make snack. I like how it is both crispy and spicy, and most of all you will not feel any guilt every time you munch it down.
This recipe is best served with a store bought light ranch dressing. The ideal serving size is 1 tbsp. dip for every 11 chips.
- ¾ lb. sweet potatoes
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ tsp. chilli powder
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Light ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Cut the sweet potatoes into thick slices, about ¼ inch.
- Mix together cumin, salt, chilli powder and olive oil. Now put the sweet potatoes in the mixture; toss it well.
- Lightly oil a non-stick baking sheet and cover it with a layer of sweet potatoes.
- Roast it for about 20 minutes or until it is golden and tender; turn it once.
Grilled Sweet Potato Fries
What a satisfying way to crunch your needed vitamins A and C. This sweet potato recipe is a perfect pair to any summer dishes!
- 2 sweet potatoes, medium-sized or about 1 ¾ lbs
- ¼ tsp. Kosher Salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper, freshly grounded
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. paprika
- Preheat grill to medium-high
- Place the sweet potatoes into the microwave and set it to high heat. Cook it for about 6 – 7 minutes or until it is crisp-tender upon piercing a knife.
- When the sweet potatoes are cooked, cut them into lengthwise; you should be able to make 8 wedges.
- Now, place the wedges on a sheet pan, trickle them with olive oil and then sprinkle the paprika and pepper. Toss it well!
- Grill each side for 3 minutes or until the potatoes get fully cooked. Season it with salt to taste.
It’s no surprise why sweet potatoes have always been on top of nearly everyone’s healthiest food list! Fortunately, there are a lot of quick and easy ways to prep them up. You can load up sweet potatoes hearty flavor and nutrition without spending too much time.
How about you? Do you have your own favorite sweet potato recipe? Why don’t you share it with me by leaving some comments below?
Don’t forget to share this list of recipes with your fellow sweet potato lovers too!
Hi, I’m Lena Bissonnette, the founder of Living n Tasting. It has always been my goal to help and encourage everyone to discover, not only the best recipes but also the newest and coolest cooking techniques that will lead us to a well-balanced and healthy life.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a commission. I only recommend products or services that I personally believe will add value to my readers. All opinions stated are strictly my own. Read our full disclosure policy for more information.