Easy Oven Roasted Chicken
- 6 pound whole chicken cleaned & dried
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the oil and the spices. Rub half of the spices under the skin of the chicken and the rest rubbed on the outside of the chicken,
- Tuck the wings under the chicken and place breast side up in a cast iron skillet or roasting pan.
- Cook at 450°F for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350°F. Roast chicken for 20 minutes per pound or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes before serving.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a commission. I only recommend products or services that I personally believe will add value to my readers. All opinions stated are strictly my own. Read our full disclosure policy for more information.