Do you know how much a year you spend on bathroom cleaners? If you’ve recently been down the cleaning aisle then you have a pretty good idea – a lot. It’s outrageous how much we’re being charged to have a cleaner sink, mirror, shower, toilet, and floor!
FLUSTER: The high cost of bathroom cleaning products.
Many of the ingredients that you find on the label are the scientific names of common household products. For example, sodium chloride is salt, dilute acetic acid is vinegar, potassium bitartrate is cream of tartar, you get the picture. Basically, we’re paying top dollar for items that we already have.
Then there are the scientific names for the fillers. Fillers are cheap additives that don’t do a darn thing, I take that back they do something, but not for us, for the manufacturer. First, the fillers make us think that we are getting more for our money. Then, because the product has so many fillers we have to use more of it to get the best results. Those cheap fillers are helping to line the manufacturer’s pockets.
BUSTER: 15 Homemade Bathroom Cleaners
This is a list of some of my favorite bathroom cleaning recipes, none contain fillers, so they are all super effective. The ingredients needed are all easy to find, in fact, you may have many of them on hand already. If you are worried that you’ll need a scientific degree to make them don’t worry, they are all very easy to mix up, degree not needed.
1. Bathroom Cleaner/Disinfectant by Fluster Buster
2. Drain Cleaner by Fluster Buster
3. No Streak Glass Cleaner by Fluster Buster
4. DIY Tub and Shower Cleaner by Fabulessly Frugal
5. DIY Homemade Bathroom Cleaner by Live Simply
6. Homemade Shower Cleaner by Coupon Closet
7. Homemade All-Purpose Scouring Scrub by Hannah Hepworth
8. Homemade Toilet Bowl Cleaner by My Merry Messy Life
9. DIY Homemade Soft Scrub Cleaner by Live Simply
10. How to Freshen a Really Stinky Bathroom by The Bold Abode
11. Keep Your Bathroom Mirror Fog Free by The Creek Line House
12. DIY Toilet Bowl Cleaner by Live Simply
13. Non-Toxic Bathroom Cleaner by My Frugal Adventures
14. Homemade Grout Cleaner by Practically Functional
15. Toilet Fizzy Bombs by The Creative Life
With all of these amazing recipes, there won’t be a square inch left that you’ll need one of those overpriced, commercial cleaners for. You’ll now be lining your pockets instead of theirs.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a commission. I only recommend products or services that I personally believe will add value to my readers. All opinions stated are strictly my own. Read our full disclosure policy for more information.