This post may include affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy for more information.
Easy Homemade Creamy Tomato Soup
- 4 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 1 med onion cut into wedges
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock, vegetable stock, or water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or milk
- salt to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium heat.
- Add the can of tomatoes, chicken stock, and onion. Bring to a simmer, then cook uncovered, stirring occcasionally, for 25 minutes.
- Blend the soup, stir in the heavy whipping cream, and season with salt.
*The Nutritional Facts that have been calculated on this recipe are only estimates.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 15.2g | Saturated Fat: 9.5g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 444mg | Potassium: 46mg | Fiber: 4.6g | Sugar: 8.3g | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 2mg