This simple ranch chicken and rice recipe is a family favorite! The ranch dressing adds great flavor to both the chicken and rice and since it’s all cooked together in one pan, it makes clean up a breeze.
There’s nothing worse then a sink full of dirty dishes after a long, hard day.
Really, who wants to spend all their remaining energy cooking and then having to clean up after it.
Besides take-out and paper plates, a simple one pan meal is this tired mom’s dream. This ranch chicken and rice recipe is packed with delicious flavor and it all comes together in just one pan. In just a few minutes, you can have it in the oven while you stop to take a breather. It’s a budget-friendly meal, that the family will love, but better than that, clean up is a breeze.
One Pan Ranch Chicken & Rice
Step 1: Season the chicken with cayenne, salt and pepper. Then, coat the chicken in ranch dressing. Let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
*Confession: there have been times that I have only marinated the chicken for a few minutes. It tastes just as delicious, but the flavors tend to be a little more mild.
Step 2: In a large oven safe pan, like a dutch oven, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and fry until browned on all sides. Remove chicken and discard the oil, reserving 1 tablespoon.
Step 5: Place the fresh spinach over the top of the chicken and rice, cover and bake an additional 10-15 minutes.
Step 6: Remove the chicken from the pan and stir together the rice and spinach.
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- ¼ cup oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups instant rice
- 4 ounces spinach
- Season chicken with cayenne, salt, pepper and ranch dressing. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- In a dutch oven or oven safe pan with lid, heat oil over medium heat. Brown the chicken on both sides. Remove chicken and discard oil, reserving 1 tablespoon.
- Saute the garlic and onion in the reserved oil until the onions are translucent.
- Add chicken stock, rice and chicken to the pan and cover.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350°F.
- Add spinach, cover and bake an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the pan and stir the spinach into the rice.
Check for coupons before heading to the store.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a commission. I only recommend products or services that I personally believe will add value to my readers. All opinions stated are strictly my own. Read our full disclosure policy for more information.