*This post may include affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy for more information.
Simple Macaroni & Cheese
Author: Robin | Fluster Buster
Yields: 4 servings
- 8 ounces elbow noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat. Sprinkle in flour and stir until smooth.
- Increase heat to medium-high, slowly add milk while stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil, while continuing to stir, boil for 2 minutes, or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- Add drained pasta and season with salt and pepper.