*This post may include affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy for more information.
Boston Cream Cake
Author: Robin | Fluster Buster
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 buttered cake mix
- 2 packages instant vanilla pudding
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) cool whip
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Prepare cake according to package directions. Bake in 2-8 inch round pans Cool completely.
- Filling: In a large bowl, stir together the pudding and milk, then fold in the cool whip. Refrigerate.
- Ganache: Heat cream to boiling. Pour over chocolate, let sit for 4 minutes, then whisk until it becomes thick.
- Spread the pudding mixture on the bottom layer of the cake. Top with the other cake layer and pour the ganache over the top and allow it to run down the side.
- Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.