Looking for a delicious and easy weeknight meal? This Simple Chicken Fajita recipe ought to do the trick. With just a bit of slicing and and a few minutes over the heat you can have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes.
This is one of my go to weeknight meals, it’s the perfect meal for those nights when I just don’t feel like being in the kitchen. I actually serve it a few times a month, I just change up the protein so that the family doesn’t feel like I’m serving the same thing over and over again.
This is a pretty simple recipe, it uses both fresh ingredients and processed ingredients. I use the processed ingredients to cut down on the time spent in the kitchen. When I’m feeling a little more chef-y and have the time I’ll mix up my own fajita mix or make my own flour tortillas to avoid the processed versions.
Simple Chicken Fajita Recipe
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into ½" strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into strips
- 1 bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 1 package fajita seasoning
- 8 flour tortillas
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink. Remove from skillet.
- Using the same skillet heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and peppers, cook until they begin to soften, about 3-5 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the skillet, add the tomatoes and fajita seasoning. Continue cooking until the chicken is cooked through, about 3-5 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture into heated tortillas
Products Featured in this Recipe:
(may include affiliate links)
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a commission. I only recommend products or services that I personally believe will add value to my readers. All opinions stated are strictly my own. Read our full disclosure policy for more information.