How often do you change out the decorations on your Christmas tree? I’ve only changed mine a couple of times over the years.
My very first tree was decorated with things that I had laying around, I was a struggling student. Then when I got married and started having kids the ornaments took on a more centimental twist; our first Christmas, baby’s first Christmas, our first home. Now that the kids are a little older, I’m finally ready for a tree decorated with some style.
Last weekend I went shopping with a specific theme that I wanted for my stylish Christmas tree. Now it’s been years since I’ve purchased ornaments, and you can imagine my surprise when I saw the prices. I don’t understand how they can get away with charging that much for a single ornament, it’s not like they were made from pure gold or something.
Once I got over my shock, I decided that I would be better off making my own ornaments. Making them myself would not only save me some money (a lot of money), but I would be getting exactly what I wanted, no compromising on creating my stylish Christmas tree. Check out some of these ideas I found.
Homemade Christmas Ornaments
1. Tea Light Snowman by Hoosier Homemade
2. 3 Ingredient Cinnamon Ornaments by The Kitchen is My Playground
3. Mason Jar Lid Ornaments by Clean & Scentsible
4. Fingerprint Heart Ornaments by Mama, Papa, Bubba
5. DIY Crayon Ornaments by The Swell Designer
6. Paper Roll Snowflake by Love of Family and Home
7. Snow Globe Ornaments by How Was Your Day
8. Upcylcled Jute Ornaments by The Crunchy Chronicles
9. DIY Pearl Ornaments by Two Sisters Crafting
10. Peppermint Candy Ornaments by One Little Project
11. Cupcake Ornament by I’ll Take My Wine in a Sippy Cup
12. DIY Paper Ornaments by DIY Inspired
13. Photo Transfer Ornaments by Landeelu
14. Glitter Book Ball Ornaments by Ki Nassauer Style
15. DIY Glitter Ornaments by Create & Babble
16. Homemade Snowball Ornaments by HubPages
17. Wooden Sled Ornaments by Fireflies & Mudpies
18. Twine Ball Ornaments by Love Grows Wilds
19. Santa Sleigh Map Ornament by Gym Craft Laundry
20. DIY Icicle Ornaments by Amanda Katherine
21. Let it Snow Scrabble Ornament by Crafts by Amanda
22. DIY Ninja Turtle Ornaments by The Crafting Chicks
23. Embossed Clay Stars by Gathering Beauty
24. Alcohol Ink Ornaments by Lulabelle Handicrafts
25. Baby Jesus Ornament by Little Bit Funky
What kind of homemade Christmas ornaments do you have on your tree?
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a commission. I only recommend products or services that I personally believe will add value to my readers. All opinions stated are strictly my own. Read our full disclosure policy for more information.