What is the most offensive question you can ask a stay-at-home-mom? “What do you do all day?” Basically they do everything that you have someone else doing for you or you never would’ve asked. Cooking, cleaning, running errands, wiping little noses, laundry, dishes, school functions, that’s just a small taste of what a SAHM does. If you’re looking for proof, take a look under their sinks that ought’ to give you a clue of one of the things that they do all day.
Fluster: A cabinet packed with cleaning products
How many bottles of cleaner do you have tucked away under your sinks? Let me take a guess, you have a bottle of cleaner for your floors, sinks, tubs, toilets, mirrors, dishes, tables, windows, a couple for your laundry, how’d I do? I know, I had the same ones under my sink. It’s overwhelming to look at and a sad reminder of how much cleaning we actually do.
Buster: Homemade Multipurpose Cleaner
I have good news! Many of those cleaners, that are taking up valuable space under your sinks, can be replaced with a multipurpose cleaner. Keep in mind, the multipurpose cleaner won’t replace them all but it will take care of a big portion of them and you won’t have that sad reminder of how much cleaning you do.
You can find a good multipurpose cleaner at the store, 409 used to be my favorite, but being the savvy SAHM that I am I make my own now. There are some really good recipes out there, ones that give 409 a run for it’s money. This is a list of some of my favorites, all which use products that you probably already have.
15 Homemade Multipurpose Cleaners
1. Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner by Fluster Buster
2. Natural Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner from Wellness Mama
3. Homemade Multipurpose Cleaner by Chiot’s Run
4. Citrus Infused All-Purpose Cleaner by Rooted Blessings
5. Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner from Mommypotamus
6. Homemade Citrus Cleaner from Melissa K. Norris
7. Lemon and Lavender Multipurpose Cleaner by Real Food RN
8. Natural, Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner by Brown Thumb Mama
9. Make Your Own Multi-Surface Spray by About Home
Natural All Purpose Cleaner Using Lavender Essential Oil by A Homemaker’s Journal
11. Homemade Natural All Purpose Cleaner Recipe from The Thrifty Couple
12. Multipurpose Spray Cleaner by Gingerly Made
13. Homemade Multipurpose Cleaner by Creative Savings
14. DIY Non-Toxic Cleaner by Pure Thyme
Multipurpose Cleaner – 409 Clone by Remove and Replace
Replacing your cleaning products with one that does the job of many is not only going to clear up some space under your sink, but it’ll save you quite a bit of money. If you’re on the fence about homemade cleaners, just give one a try. The first homemade cleaner I tried was laundry detergent and I was immediately won over. I was amazed at the quality and even more amazed at how much I saved.
What homemade cleaners have you tried?
Homemade Multipurpose Cleaner Must-Haves
- Set of 6 – 24-Ounce Durable Reusable Spray Bottles / Cleaning Sprayers
- Mr. Clean 243093 Duet Reusable Latex Gloves, Medium, 2 Pairs/2 Colors
- Zwipes Microfiber Cleaning Cloths (36-Pack) Assorted Colors
- Cleaning Plain & Simple: A ready reference guide with hundreds of sparkling solutions to your everyday cleaning challenges
- Dr. Bronner’s Fair Trade & Organic Castile Liquid Soap – (Baby Unscented, 32 oz)