16 ways to reduce puffy eyes using a few of grandma’s amazing tricks.
- Stay hydrated, drink lots of water.
- Carefully apply aloe vera gel under your eyes.
- Avoid eating salt.
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Lie down and place thick sliced strawberries on closed eyes for 10-15 minutes.
- Eat more fatty acids, like fish, coconut oil and flax seeds.
- Place 2 steeped tea bags on closed eyes for 10-15 minutes.
- Place ice packs on closed eyes for several minutes.
- Lie down and place cucumber slices on closed eyes for 10-15 minutes.
- Dab cotton balls with witch hazel and place on closed eyes for 10-15 minutes.
- Avoid artificial sweeteners.
- Apply whipped egg whites under the eyes.
- Refrigerate 8 teaspoons for 30 minutes. Lie back and place one teaspoon (curved side) on each eye. When spoon warms replace it with a cold spoon.
- Dissolve ground turmeric in water. Apply the infused water under eyes and repeat every couple of hours.
- Wash, peel, and finely grate 1 potato. Place the pulp in a clean cloth and apply to closed eyes for 10-15 minutes.
- Tie coriander seeds in a thin cloth and soak in water for 2-3 hours. Use the infused water to rinse the eyes.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a commission. I only recommend products or services that I personally believe will add value to my readers. All opinions stated are strictly my own. Read our full disclosure policy for more information.