There are a few things that stand out in my memory about her. The first is how she would hold me and hum. I remember hating that humming and wanting her to stop. The more I begged her to stop the louder she would get. The second thing that really stands out is her elbows. I know it sounds funny but I remember playing with the soft, thin skin that hung from her elbows. I remember it being very relaxing rubbing that skin between my index finger and thumb. Finally, I remember always asking her for a drink of her Coca-Cola, I don’t think that I ever saw her without one. Which leads me to this weeks list on Coca-Cola.
- Bee Stings – to reduce pain, dab a little coke to the area.
- Congestion – to relieve, sip on a cup of hot coke.
- Diarrhea – to treat, sip on a glass of flat coke.
- Hiccups – to alleviate, gargle with some coke.
- Indigestion – to soothe, sip on a glass of flat coke.
- Mosquito bites – to reduce itching, dab the area with a
- Nausea – to settle, sip on a glass of flat coke.
- Pregnancy – to alleviate fatigue, drink some coke.
- Sore Throat – to soothe, sip on a glass of flat coke.
- Hair – to remove hair coloring, apply a can of coke to hair.
Let it sit for several minutes before rinsing.
- Hair – to remove gum, pour some coke on it and let it sit
several minutes before working the gum out.
- Skin – to soften, mix some coke in with your favorite
- Blood Stains – to remove from clothing, pour some coke on the
stain, then wash as directed.
- Carpet – to remove stains, apply a little coke. Let it sit
for a few minutes before scrubbing. Clean with soapy water.
- Grease Stains– to remove from clothing, pour some coke on
the stain, then wash as usual.
- Odors – to remove from clothing, add a can of coke to your
- Battery – to clean, pour a
little coke over each one of the terminals.
- Bugs – to remove from the grill of your car, spray the area
with some coke. Let it sit for several minutes before rinsing.
- Garage – to remove oil stains, soak the area with a can of
coke. Let it sit several minutes before rinsing.
- Grout – to clean, apply coke to the grout and let it sit for
several minutes before rinsing.
- Pennies – to clean, soak the pennies in some coke overnight.
- Pots & Pans – to remove burnt residue, pour some coke
into the pan and simmer for an hour before cleaning.
- Rust – to clean, soak the item overnight in some coke.
- Skunk – to remove odors, drench yourself with some coke,
wait a few minutes and then rinse.
- Toilet – to clean, pour a can of soda into the bowl and let
it sit several minutes before cleaning.
- Windows – to remove dirt and grease, wipe the windows with
some coke then wipe away with a clean damp rag.
- Windshield – to remove bugs, shake up a can of coke and pour
it over the windshield. Let it sit several minutes before rinsing.
- Acidic Plants – for plants that like acidic soil, pour a can
of coke around the base of the plant.
- Slugs and Snails – to eliminate, pour some coke into a
shallow dish and place it in the problem area.
- Ants – to kill, pour a can of coke on the ant hill.
- Bolts – to loosen, soak them in coke before trying to separate.
- Bugs – to control, place several cups of coke around the
perimeter of your home.
- Paint – to strip from metal, wrap the area with a rag soaked
in coke. Let it sit for several days making sure that the rag stays wet the
- Paper – to antique, pat the paper with a rag dipped in coke.
- Windshield – to defrost, pour some coke over the windshield
and wait a few minutes.