Good Afternoon, or is it still morning? Either way, today’s Home Organization Challenge is going to help you have a Good Afternoon. With our previous challenges we’ve been taking it easy, developing one new skill at a time, but today we’re going to speed things up a little bit. If you’ve been doing your Good Morning challenges than this Good Afternoon challenge is going to be a breeze.
- Piles Away – As soon as you walk in the door and put your things down, grab the load of laundry that you put in the washer this morning and place it in the dryer.
- Snack/Homework – Grab a snack for yourself and the kids (something healthy) and have the kids get started on their homework. *I like to have them do it at the kitchen table, that way if they need help I’m right there.
- Prepare Dinner – While the kiddos are doing their homework, begin preparing dinner. This is should be easy because you already know “What’s for dinner” and everything has been pulled out. Thank you Good Morning!
- Drop Spots – Now take a walk through the house and clear off the Drop Spots. Remember these are the flat surfaces in our home that tend to collect the items that we don’t put away. This should be pretty easy to do since you did it before you left for work this morning. Thanks again morning routine!
- Piles Away – While the kids are finishing up their homework, fold and separate the load of clothes that you put in the dryer when you got home. Now give everyone their clothes and have them put them away.
- Kids Chores – After the kids have finished their home work and have put away their books and clothes, give them their list of chores that you created for them this morning. * We have a rule in our home, no one can play until their homework and chores are done.
- To Do List – While the kids are doing their chores and dinner is cooking, work on your To-Do list that you created this morning.
- Eat Dinner & Clean Up – Wash, wipe and put everything away.
The Good Afternoon checklist can be printed and then filed in your Reminder Binder under the Daily tab. Until you can do the tasks without thinking about them it’s a good idea to post it somewhere that you will see it. When I first started, I posted mine by the front door where I would see it when I first got home.