When I was younger, my mom would give us a set amount of money to spend on school clothes. It always ended up that I was the one that came home with the most and spent the least, I think that’s why I’m her favorite (just kidding). Since a very young age I have always been frugal, I think I was born that way.There’s nothing more satisfying to me than to score a good deal.
I have so many incredible frugal adventures that I could tell you about, but today I want to share with you one of my favorite stores to snag deals at, Target. Target has a system and if you know the system you can walk out of there saving tons of money on things that you want and need.
|Money Saving Tips: Shopping|
Targets Clearance System
1. Weekly Clearance – target has a system for placing items on clearance. The items usually start out at around 15% off, then every two-weeks they continue to mark them down in increments of 30%, 50% up to 90% off.
2. Markdown Schedule – there is a schedule that they use to mark down items in each department. The following schedule is not official, but in my experience this is what most stores tend to go by. Be sure to check with your local Target to get their official clearance schedule, they are pretty open about sharing it.
- Monday – Infant Items, Kids Clothing, Electronics, Office Supplies, Stationary
- Tuesday – Women’s Clothing, Domestic Items, Home Decor
- Wednesday – Men’s Clothing, Garden, Toys, Health & Beauty, Food
- Thursday – Lingerie, Shoes, Housewares, Sporting Goods, Luggage
- Friday – Cosmetics, Hardware, Auto, Home Improvement, Jewelry
- School Supplies – 1st week in September
- Holiday Items
- first 3 days after a Holiday – 50%off
- next 3 days – 75%off
- next 2 day – 90%off
3. Locating Clearance Items – Every department has a specific area for clearance items. These items are usually displayed on end caps and clothing on designated clearance racks.
4. Online Clearance – If you like online shopping Target.com also has a clearance section.
Did you know:
- You can use coupons on clearance items for even bigger savings, sometimes even getting them for free.
- Target has a grocery department.
- Target has their own Printable Coupons.
- Target has mobile coupons that can be redeemed right from your phone. Check it out HERE